Mosaic Deadline Approaches

Mosaic, the BHS Student Magazine, is accepting art and writing contributions only until February 18th.

The current Mosaic is accepting submissions through February 18th.

Evangeline Eastman

BANGOR–Mosaic, Bangor High School’s student magazine, is currently accepting submissions through its Google Classroom. However, the deadline is February 18th and all contributions must be submitted by then.

Students hoping to contribute should join the Mosaic Google Classroom with code “rju7vac”. On the classroom, there are two assignments (the only assignments on the classroom) labeled “ART SUBMISSIONS” and “WRITING SUBMISSIONS.” Students should submit their work under the appropriate category.

All kinds of creative work can be submitted to Mosaic. Written work (such as poems, short stories, flash fiction, and short essays) can be submitted, as well as visual art (such as paintings, drawings, photographs, and digital art). Submissions must be digital. Students who need help photographing a piece of artwork can see Ms. Throckmorton in A8 or Mr. Hutchins in D15 for assistance.

But what exactly is Mosaic?

“Mosaic is a totally student-produced publication of student artwork and writing,” says Ms. Throckmorton, a teacher at BHS and the advisor of the Mosaic staff. Students in her Creative Writing course form the Mosaic staff, including editors and an Editor-in-Chief. Once the editing staff finishes their work, Mosaic is printed into a physical book. 

“I love that it’s still a little bound book that students get to hold in their hands and look through,” says Ms. Throckmorton. Without any unforeseen problems or delays, Mosaic will be printed, bound, and passed out at school by mid-May. Copies of Mosaic are free for any student who wants one. 

If you’re an artist or writer, consider submitting to Mosaic. It’s a chance to get your hard work down on paper and out into the world. “It’s an honor and a point of pride to be chosen for the magazine,” says Ms. Throckmorton.

If you have any questions, see Ms. Throckmorton in A8 or email her at [email protected]